Error Code 1603 is a Windows installer error, This error message is displayed when you are attempting to install something on your Windows. The error message is basically something like “Error 1603 Fatal error during installation.” It usually occurs when you are using a Windows Installer package to install the program.You can adjust the setting to allow you to install but you will have to login as an Administrator to make the changes. To check:
- Click on Start, type Control Panel and press Enter
- Click on User Accounts. Under your name, it would indicate if you are an Administrator. If you are, proceed with the steps below, otherwise, you may have to let another user with Administrator rights to give you access to proceed
Do you have an Epson printer? Are you getting the Windows installer error 1603 during Driver installation on your printer? You must be wondering why return code 1603 occurs when the printing process. Continue reading below, we have more to talk about this problem.
What is Windows installer error 1603?
There exists a variety of reasons for Driver installation failed error code 1603. windows install error 1603 problem such as Windows Registry Damage as well as Corruption problems, Device Driver Conflicting issues, Hardware Malfunction in the system, Virus or may be Spyware Infection issues, and Software File Damage as well as Corruption problems are few of the top reasons for this issue. Read this Article and get easiest solutions to fix Epson Printer installation error Code 1603.
‘Windows installer error 1603’ Displays During Software Installation
This article contains information that shows you how to fix your windows Install error 1608 both (manually) and (automatically). While msi error code 1603 problem executes, users will face issues while trying to update its driver to advanced level. Other consequences such as unable to install the driver. Also, program opening will slower down and times will lag. Users who are trying to run multiple applications will face issues such as crashes and freezes. Other problems that may arise while this issue executes are excessive startup entries, registry errors, hardware and RAM decline problems, fragmented file issues and unnecessary as well as redundant program installation attempts and many more are there. So, let us see what expert professionals have for us to resolve this problem?
Cause of Error 1603: Fatal error during installation
1. If Windows installer tries to install an app that is already installed on your computer then you may get error 1603 error message.
2. Installing Windows Installer package to an encrypted folder may result error.
3. Installing the Windows Installer package to a folder of the drive accessed as a substitute drive can give you error.
4. If the SYSTEM account does not have Full Control permissions on the folder you are installing the Windows Installer package then error can occur. You notice the error message because the Windows Installer service uses the SYSTEM account to install software.
Methods 1: Fix Error 1603: Fatal error during installation (Windows)
Close Background apps
Background software can undermine Windows Installer when installing a program. As such, close most background software before installing the program.
Close all windows on the taskbar and third-party software icons on the notification area. You can also close further programs with Task Manager as follows.
- Press the Win key + X hotkey.
- Select Task Manager on the menu to open its window.
Check if the App is Already Installed on Your Computer
A previous desktop shortcut for an app may have been lost during the upgrade to Windows 10. In this case, app might be already on your computer and resulting in error when reinstalling it.
Restore the shortcut by searching for the app. If it’s found, press and hold (or right-click) the app and select Pin to Start. Or uninstall and then reinstall the app.
To search for and uninstall apps in Windows 10:
1. Click the Windows icon on bottom-left corner and select Settings.
2. In Settings, select System > Apps & features.
3. Look for the app, if its listed, select the app and right click to Uninstall.
Grant Full Control permissions to SYSTEM account
1. Open File Explorer and right-click the drive in which you want to install the Windows Installer package, then click Properties.
2. Click on the Security tab and make sure the Group or user names box contains the SYSTEM user account.
While installing Microsoft Windows Installer package, some users may have faced the error message Error 1603: Fatal error during installation.
If the SYSTEM user account isn’t there, then add SYSTEM account:
a. Click Edit. If prompted, approve the User Account Control.
b. Click Add.
c. The Select Users or Groups window appears. In Enter the object names to select field, type SYSTEM, and then click Check names and click OK.
3. Now, in the Security tab, to change permissions, click Edit. If prompted, approve the User Account Control.
4. Select SYSTEM account and make sure Full Control is set to Allow in the Permissions for SYSTEM If not, check-mark the Allow check box and click OK.
5. Go back to Security tab, click Advanced.
6. Click on Change permissions. If prompted, approve the User Account Control.
7. In Permissions tab, select the SYSTEM and click Edit.
8. Click Applies to dropdown, select This folder, subfolder and files and then click OK.
9. Now, wait for the operating system to apply the permissions.
10. Run the Windows Installer package to check error 1603 issue is resolved or not.
Methods 2: Steps to fix Epson Printer installation error 1603
Steps 1: Run the installation driver command known as IDriver.exe and iDriver2.exe which is located just under the C drive Program files. After that, users are advised to work with the Appeon setup.exe set-up file. If this solution does not resolve the problem then, proceed to the next solution.
Steps 2: Navigate to the control panel and select the “System” to choose the “Advanced” menu. Users are further recommended to choose “Performance” icon and then click on the “Virtual Memory” menu. As advised by Epson Printer Support Number experts, one needs to change both the initial as well as the maximum size to its recommended value. Now, in the “Control Panel” which can be selected from the “start menu”, users are needed to choose the “System” icon and then click to choose the “Advanced” icon. Tap on the “Performance” icon and choose to click the “Virtual Memory” option. The next thing is to change both the initial as well as maximum size to 0. Restart the device now. Apply an appropriate size which you wish to have. This process will re-create the page file.
Steps 3: This is the third solution where users are recommended to install the Driver very carefully. After done with the following process, please have a proper check for the following files whether it exists or not in the directory of the C drive. Check for following commands such as dll and .exe files
Steps 4: Update your Windows to latest release version
f you are still getting the same error, download and install Windows Updates.
- You need to install the missing updates related to .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++.
- First of all you need to press the “Windows” key, on your keyboard
- After that open the “windows search bar” and type “Windows Update” there.
- Choose the option for “Check for Updates“
Methods 3: Steps to Fix msi installer error 1603
Error Code 1603: Fatal Error During Installation. This error message is displayed by the Microsoft Windows Installer engine and is a general error code that indicates a problem occurred during the installation, The 1608 error code is mostly returned when any action fails during an installation on Windows, and most commonly it indicates that one of the custom actions in the MSI failed. When we encounter a failed setup with return code 1603.
- Click on Start and type gpedit.msc then press Enter.
- Select Administrative Templates under Computer Configuration Double-click on Windows Components.
- Double-click on Windows Installer.
- Go to Prohibit User Installs and double-click on it to change the current state. Enabled means installation is restricted, resulting to Error #1603.
- Select Not Configured and click OK to save the changes.
- Click OK on the error prompt and retry installing.
- If you need to re-download the desktop app installer
Call us at Epson Printer Customer Care Number for world-class support solutions at your desk
Meet the minds behind our successful solutions delivered to users at Epson Printer Customer Support Number where technicians are reachable 24*7 hours while bringing the best of choice replies at their desk. We are engrossed with true and talented team of professional experts working to help users from every aspect of their problems faced in Epson printer.