Printer not activated error code -20 is just one of the most common error message encountered by Printer users. Printers are pretty much essential in our everyday life. Whether it’s your office or home, a printing machine is always required to keep a hard copy of the soft documents. Therefore, a simple printer glitch can bring a serious impact on your entire work momentum. Among all the strange printer problems, Printer not Activated Error Code 20 is one of the most critical ones. In fact, by simply reading the error code, it is hard to navigate to the exact printing issue.
When you have updated operating system and some applications use that key to store internal settings then application key is not updated. It causes them to fail after an update. printer not activated error code 20 quickbooks issue will typically appear on QuickBooks software. printer not activated error code -20 is one of the most common error message faced by the users of QB Software, whenever they try to upgrade their operating system to Windows 10 or 7. Therefore, going through this article should help you get rid of this issue. There are various causes behind this trouble and different fixes as well that you can try. So let’s begin with it.
Causes Of Printer Not Activated Error Code 20
Receiving printer not activated error code 20 quickbooks while trying to save as PDF on Windows 10, 8.1 or 7. Before diving into the solutions directly, let’s figure out the possible causes first. Because without knowing the exact reasons, it is quite difficult to eradicate the error message. Though there can be multiple causes of this issue, we have introduced the most relevant ones.
- QuickBooks 2009 compatibility Issues with windows 10.
- Non-updated QuickBooks 2009.
- Application key is not updated.
- Unsupported printer drivers either way.
- QuickBooks Windows Registry Issues.
In case you have recently upgraded your operating system to Windows 10, this error code might reflect on your screen. But if you have tried a clean installation, this problem generally doesn’t appear.
Similarly, if you are using the QuickBooks software, you can come across this printing error code. Because QuickBooks is something that stores its internal settings by using the aforementioned key. Therefore, if the registry key doesn’t update properly, the application tends to create several problems in the device.
Effective Methods to Fix Printer not activated error code -20
There are a few easy methods that you can apply on your own in order to eliminate this problem. As a matter of fact, the system will require your Administrative login authority to complete the methods. So make sure you log in to the administrative account.
Note: Before making any changes to the registry, make sure you are keeping a backup of your registry files. Otherwise, through the following procedure, you may lose your registry data if not creating a system restore point.
Set the Default Printer
First, try to set the printer as the default printer, To do this
- Open Control panel
- Click Hardware and Sound
- Then select Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your printer and select Set as a default printer.
- Restart your PC to save changes.
Reinstall The USB Composite Device and QuickBooks
Reinstalling the USB device would just be like starting over again with a ‘new’ printer so to speak. Reinstalling the device might just be what it needs for it to work properly. To do this follow these steps:
- Right-click My Computer and select Properties.
- Click the Hardware tab and then click Device Manager
- In the Device Manager window, double click Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
- Right-click USB Composite Device, select uninstall and click OK.
- Disconnect the USB cable from your Computer and reconnect it.
- To install the drivers, follow the on screen instructions in the Found New Hardware Wizard.
- Click Start, then select Printer and Faxes to open the Printers folder.
- Find the icon which represents your HP printer and then click Print Test Page, which will print a self-test page.
- If the self-test page prints successfully, close all windows and try printing out a document.
In case QuickBooks is the primary problem behind the “printer not activated error code 20“, reinstalling might do the trick. Download the latest version of QuickBooks and install it on your device. For any assistance regarding the download resources, you can get in touch with our professionals. We can help you with the most compatible versions.
Updating The Registry Key Manually
You can update the registry key manually and remove this error code from your device. But this method requires some complicated steps which might demand a minimum technical background. So be careful enough while following the steps mentioned below to avoid any misfortune.
Permissions Via Registry Editor
- Go to the Start button of Windows.
- Type regedit on the search box and don’t hit Enter.
- As soon as the regedit option appears, right-click on it.
- Make sure you are choosing Run as administrator option.
- Now you have got the access to the Registry Editor.
- Next, look for the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG folder.
- Navigate to the Software option and right-click on it.
- After that, choose the Permissions option.
- Ensure that the Full Control for Users option is checked.
- Finally, select OK and exit from the Registry Editor window.
Permissions By Using a Powershell Script
- First, log in to your device as an administrator.
- Press the Start button and write cmd in the search box.
- Right-click on it and select Run As Administrator.
- As soon as the command prompt shows up, type PowerShell and hit Enter.
- Now type the necessary command on the given criteria.
Configure Print Spooler Service
- Firstly you need to Press “Windows + R” keys together on your keyboard.
- After that type “MSC” in the Run Box.
- Now hit a right click on the “Print Spooler Service” from the services list
- Choose the “Properties” option and click on stop the Print Spooler Service.
- After that choose Automatic option
- Hit a click on “Start” the “Service” again.
- Finally try to print something or “Save a PDF“
We hopefully think the above given methods resolves your QuickBooks printer not activated error code 20 and now you are able to print your files using QuickBooks.
Dial Us to Get your solution: + 1-877-977-6597
You can directly seek the experts help for further query regarding “printer not activated error code -20“. At printer support, we have our efficient team of tech specialists who can guide you with the accurate methods. Therefore, connecting with us can help you recover all your printing troubles.
Straightaway, you can dial our Printer Support Number and share your concern with us. Our representatives are always available through the phone line number to listen to your printer problems and resolve them efficiently.
On the other hand, you can also choose our Printer Chat Support portals and approach our professionals. Get all the necessary information relating to your printer instantly via our live chat facility
Also, you can write to us via email. Mention your exact printer query and send us a mail at our official mail id. As soon as receiving your email, one of our experts reverts you shortly with the most effective solutions.