Getting Printer Is In An Error State problem and What will do if you encounter the “printer in error state” issue when you try to print documents? If you don’t know how to deal with this issue. It is very annoying to see the “Printer is in Error State” error message because you cannot print documents in this situation. But why does this error message appear? This error message will appear if your printer is low in paper or ink, the cover is opened, the printer driver is corrupted and so on.
Printers are mostly important for printing business essentials documents to school project purposes and much more. If you are using a printer for many days, then you may face an error including Printer Is In An Error State. Such an error is irritating as well as troublesome.If you are also facing the same issue then no need to get worried. Go through this article and read the probable reasons and the quick fixes related to your problem. This article may help you a lot to resolve the issue.
Why is my Printer Is In An Error State
Whenever you send a document for printing, every time you confront an error message printer in error state. The HP printer status error windows 10 message on Windows or MAC means that your printer is turned off or not connected to PC by Wi-Fi or cable properly. You can also check for printer’s paper and ink to make sure that there is enough ink and no paper jam in your HP printer.
Some Windows 10 users encountered an issue when trying to use their printers.HP printer in error state issue on Widows or Mac system arise when printer low in paper or ink, printer is jammed, printer is not connected properly . Don’t worry, if you are getting failed to annihilate this error from your HP printer. We have noted down some desired steps at an easiest form in this blog by which you can get solutions in your hand once you follow them.
Reasons Behind The Printer In An Error State
There are many reasons responsible for the printer in error state problem. Some possible major courses are mention below.
- When your device tries to run any corrupt or incorrect data, then it may show you the error.
- Due to the wrong connection of the printer with a desktop or laptop, it becomes very complicated to run the entire system smoothly.
- check your system is running on the old Windows version, then it is too complicated to identify the correct driver for the printer.
- insert any improper paper size in your printer’s paper slot, then it may stop working.
If your printer’s status displays “Printer in error state,” there may be a problem with the printer itself.
Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your PC by Wi-Fi or cable. Check it for low paper or ink, and be sure the cover isn’t open and the paper isn’t jammed.
There can be other issues as well behind this problem that you’re facing.
Quick Hacks To Resolve Printer In Error State Issue
If you are encountering the issue regarding the error, then go through with the immediate steps to solve the error. Printer in error state problem on windows 10 is an error usually displayed when the printer is jammed, low in paper or ink, the cover is open, or the printer is not connected properly etc. first of all, you need to make sure that all the cables and connections of the printer are fit and doesn’t have a loophole. Make sure your devices connect to each other properly, try with a Different USB port and the network (either wireless or Bluetooth) or cable you use for the connection has no problem.By following these steps, you will be able to address the issue.
Steps 1: Remove paper from the output tray
- Turn the printer off and detach the power cord.
- Detect the output tray and gently pull the jammed paper out of the output tray to eliminate it.
- Then, try to print.
If the error still persists, try Solution 3.
Steps 2: Clean the paper feed rollers
- Turn off the printer, and detect the power cord.
- Uplift the input tray and open it.
- Detect the grey paper pick rollers and clean it thoroughly with a damp cloth to remove dust or dirt build-up.
- Dry the rollers fully before placing them back.
- Recombine the power cord and turn on the printer.
- Try to print.
If the error persists, continue to the next step.
Steps 3: Clean the printer roller
- Remove all papers from the input tray.
- Click on the down arrow to select Settings and press OK.
- Click on the down arrow to select Tools, and press OK.
- Now select Clean Paper Feed and press OK.
- Wait till the printer stops completely before you continue.
- Now try to print. If the error persists, follow the next step.
Steps 4: Reset the printer
- Turn the printer on
- Now disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the outlet.
- Wait for a minute.
- Now plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Connect the power cord again to the back of the printer.
- Turn your printer on.
Steps 5: Review All the Connection
It is the primary method to solve the issue quickly. Be confirmed that the printer and the computer is connected correctly with each other. If you see that any cable is damaged then simply replace it with the new connection cable. After reconnecting all the wire, restart your device and try to print. Now, switch off your computer device and wait for few munites. After completing all the process, restart your computer and retry to print something to see the performance.
Sometimes the problem can be fixed by restarting your devices. You can power off your computer and printer completely and leave them for a couple of minutes. After that turn them on and see if the error is gone.
Steps 6: Restart Your Device
Restarting the different connected devices can eliminate the issue HP printer in error state. Therefore, try to power off your PC and your printer completely. Leave them in this state for a while and then turn them back ON to find if the problem has gone.
Steps 7: Make Sure Your Printer is Online
Check your printer status whether it is online or printer is offline. If the printer is offline state, make it online by applying given steps.
- Click on “Start” button and select “Control Panel”
- Choose ‘Devices and Printers’ option
- Check if the printer is offline or online. If it is online, the status will show as ‘Ready’
- Set the printer online by right clicking on Printer and then choose the option saying ‘Use Printer Online’
- This will change the display to ready
Steps 8: Check Print Spooler is Running
Follow the steps below to change the Print spooler service type to Automatic.
- Press Windows +R, Type services.msc and press enter.
- Scroll down and double click on service called print spooler.
- Here make sure the services are Started and set to Automatic.
- If not then change the startup type automatic and start the service next to service status.
- Then move to Recovery tab and change the first failure to “Restart the service“.
- Click apply and check printer back online and it’s on working state.
Clear print spooler files
Also clear spooler files and restart the spooler service helps to resolve most of printer related problems. To do this again open windows services, right click and stop the print spooler service.
- Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers and delete all data inside the printer folder.
- Again open following path C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers\w32x86 and delete all data inside the folder.
- Restart the spooler service and check printer working.
Steps 9: Update And Install The Latest Driver
Sometimes updating or reinstallation of the driver of the printer can solve the ‘Printer Is In An Error State issue.’ Follow the methods to update and then install the driver. Inconsistencies can often raise the “hp printer is in an error state” issue. Therefore, update and reinstall the printer driver for resolving such matters. Then, install the printer driver again.
Update Printer Driver
Press the Win + X keys at the same time to choose Device Manager.
Expand the Print queues and then right-click the printer you want to use to choose Update driver.
Click Search automatically for updated driver software and then follow the instructions showing on the screen to update your printer driver.
Check if the “printer in error state” error still persists.
Reinstall Printer Device
If updating your printer driver doesn’t work, then you can try to reinstall the printer driver. Here is the tutorial: At first, make sure that the installed driver is compatible with your device. If not then uninstall the driver immediately.
- Find your printer in Device Manager and then right-click it to choose Uninstall device.
- Restart your computer and the Windows will automatically reinstall your printer device.
- See whether the “printer in error state” error is gone.
After completing the process, select the option Update all to update the printer driver correctly. Now, navigate to the Tools option, and find out the driver which one you want to remove from the device. Select the driver and click on the uninstall option and then click ok to confirm the process.
You may resolve the issue of ‘Printer in Error State’ after following the mentioned steps.
Alternative Steps given below on how to Fix HP Printer In Error State:
- Check if there are any new updates on software.
- Check if the printer is working on any other device and is able to print there.
- While your printer is ON cut its power cable.
- If any other cables are connected to the printer they remove them too.
- The printer’s power button needs to be press and hold for 15 seconds.
- Note that your printer must be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to any surge protectors.
- On reconnecting the power cable the printer should power ON by itself and if not then switch it on manually.
- Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software to resolve the issues of the printer drivers
- If your printer still doesn’t work then uninstall the driver and reinstall it.
- Search and open Programs and Features option in Windows.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- Search and open Devices and Printers option in Windows.
- Look for your printer in Devices and Printers option and if you spot yours then right-click on it and choose the “Delete” or “Remove Device” option.
- Press “Windows Key + R” key combo to open up the run command.
- Type printui.exe /s and then click OK.
- Click on tab labelled Drivers.
- Search for Printer driver and when you spot it then click on it and then click on Remove below. Click on OK.
- Choose to Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows and then Close Devices and Printers.
Related Blog:- Effective Ways to Fix Epson printer in error state windows 10
Fix HP Printer in error state in Mac or iOS Device
For the Mac, iPhone, iPad or iPod users, connectivity issues with Hp printers can also happen, and this can be annoying. If an Apple device user might experience issues in their Hp printer failure in printing out their documents or images. But we have mentioned few steps to troubleshoot Hp printer connective setback for Mac users as well.
You may experience below issues when failing to print from your Mac or from iOS devices:
- You can’t see your printer in your device, or you get the notification regarding missing Mac Hp printers.
- Next, you may get the message that software for your device isn’t available.
- Your Mac or iOS device is showing some other problems related to printer.
To get rid of the printer problem either check the printer and what causing this issue or contact the HP printer support or contact it, manufacturer.
Solve Air-Print Enabled Printer Error in Mac
If you Hp printer is showing Air-Print printer in error state in Mac, just make sure that it is connected to the same WiFi network that you are using for your Mac or iOS device
But still you are facing printing issues in Mac book then try these below solutions:
- Restart your Wi-Fi router and then restart your printer.
- You can bring your printer closer to the Wi-Fi router.
- Update your Wi-Fi and your printer with the latest version.
- Next, update the software for your Mac or iOS device.
HP Printer in error state for Mac
If you printer showing error in printing or it is AirPrint-enabled then you can follow the further step-by-step guide:
- Disconnect the cable of your printer that is connected to your Mac, or if you have a wireless printer then disconnect it as well.
- Now turn off your printer.
- Get the latest software update for your Mac it will automatically download the latest software for the most printers as part of these updates, so it’s best not to install the software that your printer manufacturer provides.
- Turn on your printer and wait until it starting. Now reconnect your printer with Mac.
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.
- Now select your printer given in the list of devices.
If you don’t find your printer in the list then click + at the bottom of the list, then choose the command to add a printer or scanner. The window that will open offers your more way to find and add a printer.
If still the issue continues to bother you then contact the Hp printer support for the solution.
Dial Printer Support Number USA + 1-855-666-7789 (toll-free):-
In case, you are incapable of finding out the exact support to fix the printer in error state then, call us at our HP Printer Support at any time of your choice. Our experts have vast knowledge to provide unique tricks to resolve your issues.