WiFi direct printing in Epson printer easily fix up the product to communicate directly with the computer or another device without even requiring a wireless router or any kind of access point. As said by Epson printer Setup support technicians, while operating in this mode, the user’s product will easily display an AP connection symbol on the LCD screen in a clear view. This is an advanced process where one can easily choose to establish a direct communication between both the devices: the printer and the computer or with other devices, without the use of a wireless router or an access point. But as this is a technical term, Epson wifi direct printer setup issues can occur anytime. So a proper care needs to be taken care of.
Step to enable Epson wifi direct printer setup mode in Epson printer
Step 1: Home button
Tap on the Home button carefully and then press the ‘Wireless’ icon to proceed further.
Step 2: Wi-Fi set up
Selection of “WiFi direct printing Setup is to be made and wait until you are directed to the next step,
Then, from the list of options available in front of you, just choose the Wi-Fi Direct Setup icon.
Step 3: Connection set-up
- Tap on the Connection Setup wizard button and then carefully choose the ‘Change Password’ option. Click on the Yes button to continue.
- Enter the WiFi direct printing password which should at-least be of 8 characters and then tap on the “Enter” button.
Step 4: Scrolling button
- Keep on scrolling down to easily view the SSID feature (Wi-Fi network name) and password.
- With the help of your computer device or any other wireless device, selection of the SSID on the Wi-Fi network name is suggested by Epson printer technical support team members and next, just enter the password as guided by expert team.
- Click on the “Home” button to get directed to the Home screen easily.
Step 5: Select Connection Setup.
- Select Change Password, then select OK.Note: If you have already connected devices or computers to your product via Wi-Fi Direct, they will be disconnected when you change the password.
- Enter your Wi-Fi Direct password.Note: Your password must be at least 8 and no more than 22 characters long.
- Press the touch screen buttons repeatedly to scroll through characters.
- Press or to move the cursor.
- Press 1 Symb. to enter symbols.
- Press to delete the previous character.
Press Done when you finish entering your password. You see this screen:
- Scroll down to view the SSID (Wi-Fi network name) and password.
- Use your computer or wireless device to select the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) displayed on the LCD screen, then enter the password shown.
- Press the home button to exit. You see either an AP or Direct connection symbol on the LCD screen and should be able to print directly to your product from your computer or device.Note: If the AP or Direct connection symbol is not displayed on the LCD screen, Wi-Fi Direct mode is not enabled. Repeat these steps to try again.
What Can You Actually Use It For?
But what can you actually use Wi-Fi Direct for at the moment? Well, if a device and its peripherals are designed to use Wi-Fi Direct, they’ll use Wi-Fi Direct without you having to think about it. The Roku 3 does this, as we mentioned above.
While Wi-Fi Direct is theoretically supposed to be a standard that allows multiple types of devices supporting the Wi-Fi Direct standard to communicate with each other, this hasn’t really happened just yet.
For example, you may have two new laptops, each advertised as supporting Wi-Fi Direct. You might assume there’d be a way to set up easy file-sharing between them using Wi-Fi Direct, but you’d be wrong at the moment. There’s also no easy way to connect an Android smartphone to a Windows laptop and actually do much just yet. For now, Wi-Fi Direct isn’t a feature you should really concern yourself with. In the future, this may become a more useful standard.
Epson printer have been resolved. Our expert teams of Epson printer configure support professionals are all time ready to fix your problem at go. Call us Toll-Free 1-855-455-1176 for your Epson problems and we are right there at your doorstep