What is HP Error Code 0xc0000185?
HP error code 0xc0000185 usually comes alongside the message: The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors. When you started your Notebook PC it went to repairing automatically. Then the screen would go black for a while. To Fix HP PC Error Code 0x0000185 which has occurred just before or after the appearance of Windows logo with accompanying error code and message.
Your computer can develop at any stage when you are safely restarting your PC and come across an error code along with the message. Although you can encounter this error with Windows, it is widespread with Windows 8 and 8.1 as well. Presentation of error code 0xc0000185 serves to indicate that your computer system cannot access the necessary Windows OS files in the hard disk drive to start.
Causes of Error Code 0xc0000185
Error code 0xc0000185 almost always appears when a Windows PC boots up, typically after a system restart. It almost always manifest as a BSOD, or Blue Screen of Death, with text that says, “The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains certain errors,” followed by the error code. It’s also possible the message reads, Your PC needs to be repaired. This error is easily fixed in most cases. Error Code 0xc0000185 is caused by a corruption of files related to the boot function of a Windows PC. Certain files have been deleted or damaged in some way, or something as innocuous as a faulty shutdown or a new peripheral is throwing a spanner in the works.
How to fix HP error code 0xc0000185 in Windows 10
“Some necessary data is missing from the boot configuration data for your PC” is a BSOD mistake, also identified as error code 0xc0000185 windows 10. The error message shows explicitly that this bug is linked to the data on the boot setup, which has either been corrupted or lacks important information. Consequently, unless the PC owner applies certain remedies to restore the missing or damaged data, the system can not boot.
The Error Code 0xc0000185 mistake does not happen exceptionally on Windows 10 OS. Reports from People show, however, that Windows 10 PCs and laptops are the most vulnerable to this mistake.
The 0xc0000185 error is generally caused by the Windows Boot Manager (Bootmgr) entry that is missing from the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) store.
In addition, “Data for your PC’s boot setup is lacking or includes errors” BSOD
 may also appear due to Boot\\BCD file bribery.
The 0xc0000185 mistake is due to the deadly Windows error group as it prevents the system from booting and accessing the desktop. All private information becomes therefore unavailable.
However, it doesn’t mean your computer has permanently crashed and you won’t be able to use it anymore. A bootable Windows Installation Media can fix the boot configuration error code 0xc0000185 on error. Recover a system
 and it is necessary to resolve the mistake.
It simply means that your computer system cannot communicate with the hard disk or the files or there is a problem with the files. You can also connect to HP Computer Support Phone Number and get assisted for issues resolving.
Methods to fix Error Code 0x0000185:
Method 1: Look for wire connection to fix error code 0x0000185
Initially one should check to ascertain whether or not there is a problem with system connection. You need to unscrew your computer CPU in order to access the hard disk to ensure that the cable connecting the hard disk and system is not damaged or loose.
Method 2: Reboot Your Computer
You can try to reboot your computer to fix the error code 0xc0000185. Though fixing the boot configuration data is missing Windows 10 error code 0xc0000185 in this way is not so effective, but trying a complete reboot won’t damage your computer. The possibility that Windows may solve the issue within the time that rebooting required is small.
- Insert your Windows 10 installation disk again and restart your operating system.
- When the unit starts, you will be prompted to press any key to boot from the CD or DVD.
- Select the correct time and keyboard type again as for the first method.
- Select the “Repair Computer” button at the bottom of the screen.
- In the Choose Option window, select Troubleshooting.
- From the Troubleshooting menu, select Advanced Options.
- Select Command prompt to launch the tool.
- Type BOOTREC /FIXMBR in the Command Prompt window.
- Press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Type BOOTREC /FIXBOOT > press Enter to start the command.
- Enter the following command: BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD and press Enter again.
- Once the process is complete, remove the Windows 10 installation media from the CD or DVD ROM.
- Restart your computer and check again to see if you are still receiving the same error message.
Method 3: Remove recently installed software
In rare cases, this issue can be triggered by incompatible apps and programs. So, if error 0xc0000185 occured right after you installed new software on your machine, uninstall the respective software and check if the issue persists.
Method 4: Automatic repair
When the Window OS recovery media
- Insert the recovery media into the appropriate Port.
- Boot from the recovery media.
- Click Next on the resultant Windows Setup screen.
- Choose to repair the computer at the bottom of the screen.
- Select “Troubleshoot” from the list of “Advanced Startup” options.
- Click on Automatic Repair option.
Method 5: Check HD for error
Look for hard disk if any error associated with it.
- Press the combination of Win + X key.
- Click “Command Prompt.“
- Type chkdsk/R in the resultant dialogue box before hitting Enter.
Your computer must scan and address any error it finds resolve with tech expert team
Method 6: System Restore
How to fix error code 0xc0000185? Try to running System Restore to fix boot configuration data is missing Windows 10 error code 0xc0000185. Similarly, you should enter the WinRE page under the help of a bootable CD/DVD/USB drive.
After entering the Advanced options page, select the System Restore option just as shown in the below.
- insert Windows OS installation media.
- Restart your system and keep pressing F12 from your keyboard.
- Select the installation media as the booting disk.
- Choose “Next” on the resultant Windows Setup window.
- Select “Next” in order to select “Repair your computer.”
- Choose “Troubleshoot” before choosing “Advanced Options” on the resultant blue screen.
- Again select the “Restore” option and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If all the steps are executed properly then you will see that your computer will boot without any issue and the error code 0xc0000185 is fixed.
Method 7: Delete Recently Installed Software
In rare cases, the Windows error code 0xc0000185 is sparkled by incompatible applications and programs. So, if the error code 0xc0000185 appeared right after you installed new software on your computer, uninstall the software and check whether the issue still exists.
Deleting the software is very easy, but the key point is that you need to prevent it from being regenerated after you delete it. Therefore, you should choose a method to permanently delete it to avoid that case happens. For instance, delete the installation package directly or delete it by force.
To know more information on how to permanently delete files, read this article: 6 Effective and Reliable Methods to Delete Files Permanently
Method 8: Check the Hardware Physically
When the error code 0xc0000185 appears, you can try disconnecting all the external devices connected to your PC and check whether this way can address the issue. This method is a basic one to fix Windows error code 0xc0000185. As a small issue in the system connection can lead to this type of error warning.
It is strongly advised that you should make sure that the system components such as expansion cards, PSU and memory are placed in the right places.
Method 9: Reset Your PC
Resetting your PC can fix the Boot Configuration Data error code 0xc0000185. Using an Installation media disk to restore, reset or reinstall Windows. However, you’d better make a backup before resetting your PC to avoid data loss.
Immediate Assistance at HP Computer Support Number +1-855-847-1975 for Fix hp error code 0xc0000185
Unable to resolve your HP error get connected to HP Computer Support Number +1-855-847-1975 (toll-free) for professional advice and get assured prompt support in resolving the error. Our skilled, capable and certified technicians guide you in the right direction for fixing the issue in a short duration of time.