Epson wf-3640 error code 0x97 can be solved in a very simple way by following the above-described methods. Contact the customer support team if you need any assistance and they will provide you with the best possible solutions to address all kinds of Epson Printer problems.
[Solved] Epson Printer Error Code 0x97
The Epson Printer Error Code 0x97 occurs when there is a hardware issue with your printer. This defect generally happens if there is a motherboard failure of your Epson printer. The Epson error code 0x97 can be seen on models such as wf-3640, wf-3620, and 7610. However, this can be very frustrating for you as your work can get disrupted if suddenly your Epson printer stops working. In such circumstances, you might need instant solutions. But before that know the exact reasons for such malfunctioning.
The Epson error code 0x97 is a type of warning whenever you encounter an internal hardware issue with your printer. It can be because of a motherboard malfunction or some other kind of internal component malfunction. Once this error appears on the computer, it’s possibly because some of your printer’s internal components are not working properly.
Do not panic if you find an Epson wf-3640 error code 0x97 or epson wf 3620 error code 0x97 printer or some other Work Force printer. Before you submit your printer to a repair shop, consider following the basic troubleshooting methods below.
The Causes Of Epson Error Code 0x97
Therefore, in most cases, the Epson wf 3620 error code 0x97 appears due to following reasons. These include the internal hardware issue due sudden motherboard fails, or unexpected printing process stops, or when the damaged system files, or missing files, or corrupt files, and jammed paper issue, etc. However, the best solution to come out of this situation is to perform the follow the simple given below solutions to rapidly fix it.
You need to point of the causes of the defect you are facing. This is because you can never give a proper solution if you don’t know the reasons for the problem. Take a glimpse at some of the prominent causes.
- The major reason for Epson printer error 0x97 is the motherboard failure.
- There can be a hardware issue with your Epson printer which results in such error code.
- You can also have an issue with the connectivity. Check whether the connecting cables are working fine or not.
- If the printer driver of your system is corrupt, then you can have this defect.
- A jammed printer nozzle can cause this problem. You need to clean the printer nozzle at regular intervals.
- Moreover, there can be a software issue also. Your Epson printer software can malfunction sometimes.
How To Fix Epson Printer Error 0x97 : Get Instant Solutions
If you are stuck with your Epson printer perform these quick hacks to resolve your issues promptly. Have a look at the solutions whichever fits your cause.
Method 1:-Restore the Epson Printer To Factory-Default Settings
- First of all, turn the Epson Printer off.
- Then disconnect the power cable from the product for 1-2 minute and then reconnect.
- Now, turn the Epson Printer on while you press and hold the “Resume” button for 20-30 seconds. The Attention light turns on.
- Then release the “Resume” button.
- Now try to print a document to see if the error Epson Printer 0x97 persists. In case, it appears again, then goes to the next method.
Method 2:- Turn Your Epson Printer OFF and ON
The other alternative solution is that to turn your Epson printer OFF and ON.
- Press the “Power” button on your printer to turn it off.
- Now, remove all cables plugged into it.
- Wait for nearly six-minute, and make sure you don’t need to touch anything.
- Push down the “Power” button and hold it down for one minute.
- Possess the button pushed and then plug in the power cable into your printer at the same time. Then you can also ask someone to aid you with this task.
- After then plugging the power cable in, retain the “Power” button pressed for an additional minute. Then release it afterward.
- Then connect your printer to your computer, plug in all other cables that you have removed. Now try to print a document to see if the error Epson Printer 0x97 persists.
Method 3:- Remove Jammed Paper
First of all, you should try to verify, is there any jammed Paper issue, if yes, then you have to remove jammed paper by doing the disconnection and then reconnection the Printer.
- First, cancel all Epson printer print jobs.
- Unplug the USB cables and other cables which plugged into the printer. Then disconnect the printer from your PC as well.
- Go to Epson printer, open the cover and then remove jammed paper.
- Now remove and reinsert cartridges.
- Press the “Power” button. Then plug the Epson printer cables back in, connect it to the computer.
- Now reload the paper and try to print again and check the problem is gone, if not then go to the next method.
Method 4:- Clean the Print Head
There are times when a dirty and clogged printhead is the culprit behind an Epson 0x97 error. If this is the case, the solution would be to clean the printhead thoroughly. Here are the steps in cleaning an Epson printer’s printhead:
Step 1 – Remove each ink cartridge one by one from the printhead. Place the ink cartridges (in inverted position) on top of a clean paper or towel. Then, carefully remove the printhead from the printer.
Step 2 – Wipe the bottom of the printhead thoroughly using a clean, lint-free cloth damped in warm water. Keep on cleaning the nozzle area until there’s no more black ink sticking on the fabric.
Step 3 – Soak the printhead in a bowl with warm water for 10 minutes. Do not use boiled water. Put a clean paper towel at the base and let the printhead rest above it while soaking. Take out the printhead from the bowl, and carefully wipe off any water and moisture using a dry lint-free cloth.
Step 4 – Place the printhead on top of a paper towel and allow it to air-dry for 15 minutes. Then, insert the printhead back into the carriage and reinstall all the cartridges into their respective slots. Turn on your printer and see if there are any changes.
Method 5:- Reset your Printer
This technique of troubleshooting is nearly identical to the first. You’ve got to separate all the cables from your printer. Enable about five minutes for your printer to rest before you start. Then, for 1 minute, press and hold the Power button. Continue to press and hold the power button while every cable is reconnected. With this process, you will need the help of another person.
Press and hold the Power button once more for 1 minute and then release. Conduct a test print to find out if there are any improvements. If the Epson printer error code 0x97 still lingers, then the last method may be the solution.
Method 6:- Scan and Fix the
If all the above solutions it didn’t work to fix the issue, then its advice you to scan and fix the Follow the steps to Epson Error Code 0x97 on mac:-
- First of all, download the best scanning program software tool.
- Then press the “Scan” button.
- Next, hit on ‘Fix’ button, and then finish the process.
- After complete the scanning procedure, your error will surely remove.
I hope your issue is fixed.
In case, if this error still persisting, then you should take professionals help to fix this issue.
Method 7:- Install and Update Printer Driver
- Go to the “Device Manager” of your system by typing in the Search field which you can bring by clicking the Start button.
- Then try to locate “Printers and hardware’ option.
- There you will find your Epson printer name and version.
- You have to right-click on that option and choose the “Update Driver” option.
- You will have your Epson printer driver updated to the latest version.
Steps to Fix Epson printer error code 0x97 Mac Book pro
Step 1: Unplug and Plug-in
- Open your Epson printer casing and you should verify for any jammed paper or debris. If you find any, then remove it.
- Next, you have to remove all printing cartridges.
- Then disconnect the power and the USB cables.
- When you unplugged or disconnected your Printer, then you need to press the power button as if you wanted to switch power on. This thing will discharge residual currents.
- Now you need to reconnect all the USBs and turn on the power cable.
- Turn on your Epson printer and check for the error.
Step 2: Check Wet Tissue
Often this code display, when the waste ink around head sprayer. So, cleaning that waste ink with a wet tissue and surely your problem will solve.
Follow the steps to cleanup procedure.
- Turn off your printer, and then open the printer casing.
- Obtain a wet tissue with the warm water.
- Next, move the head to the center.
- Now, put the tissue in the head cleaning mechanic pad.
- Move the head to the parking spot.
- Now wait for a few minutes, and then remove the tissue and close all the things.
- Next, turn on the printer and check if the error is still our not. Repeat the above step 2-3 times, if it doesn’t work the first time.
Step 3: Scan and Fix
Follow the steps to repair Epson Printer Error 97:-
- First of all download the 0x97 fix patch.
- Press the “Scan” button.
- Next, hit on ‘Fix’ and then finish the repair process.
Avail Epson Support For Extended Help
If the above solutions were of no help to you then you can always contact the Epson support team. They have a group of finely trained techies who can resolve your problem at the earliest. You can not continue your work without a printer. This is why the Epson service executives sometimes fix your issues remotely to save the time.
Epson 24*7 Active Help desk
You might be in a hurry to solve the Epson error code 0x97. This is why we have provided with more than one ways to connect with our Epson support team.
Call Epson Support Number
You can always make a straight phone call to the Epson customer care number. You will get to talk to the engineers and get your issues solved beforehand.
Related Blog: Epson Printer Error Code 0xf1