The Canon Printer Error Code 006 makes your life tough as they can appear at any time at any time and make the task of printing painful. Even though each canon printer model has its own features and customers can easily perform their printing tasks without any problem with the help of the latest techniques.
If you are using a canon printer and find canon printer error code 006, then read all the information in this post carefully. Using these canon printer troubleshooting steps, getting rid of the canon printer error would be quite easy for all of you.
The error could be due to different reasons, and one must be aware of the reason behind the problem so that the error can be fixed quickly. We’ve provided some canon printer troubleshooting steps here for all of you, so follow the steps below as directed, we hope it’s helpful for all of you to get out of the trouble.
This error mainly occurs when running the service tool. The issue may be due to various reasons including incompatibility, the incorrect process of entering service mode, if the printer is not in service mode, the issue of Canon Printer driver, and the issue of Canon Printer cartridges, etc.
The Service Tool’s primary purpose is to reset the print count on the pads as they reach their limit. It means that the waste ink pad counter on the canon printer can be reset. These are physically a cleaner below the cleaner and system level of the print head, and it is set for when you have a large number of pages printed, the locks of the printer and the request for support. Resolving the 06 error, however, is not easy, so we’ve enrolled some Canon printer troubleshooting steps for that, and if the error remains the same anyhow, then you may need to take the experts ‘ printer help.
Table of Contents
Steps to Fix the Canon Printer Error Code 006, When Running Service Tool
It is suggested that all users follow the steps of Canon printer troubleshooting discussed below. After applying these steps, resolving the canon printer error would be easy for all of you.
Step 1:- Confirm Check Cartridges & Connections
- All users are suggested to check their cartridge because an empty cartridge could also be the reason behind this error.
- Also carefully check the cartridge connectors and the printer connectors located on the top of the head.
- Make sure that they must be clean in its entirety part, means that there should not be any stains of ink that can prevent proper operation.
Step 2:- Restart the Service Tool
- The users suggested that when they get the service tool, they should verify that the printer is compatible with the same name as the tool can search compatibility.
- After checking this, if the canon printer error remains the same, then try to reset the service tool, and for that take canon printer help from the experts.
Step 3:- Check Printer Drivers
- If you have checked that everything is working correctly or not and the issue continues, then it is recommended to uninstall and install the canon printer driver once again, do with the printer off until the software installer asks you to connect it.
Step 4:- Open the Service Tool Again
- First of all, close the service tool.
- Now disconnect the USB cable from the printer.
- Wait for 10 seconds and then after that plug back the cable into the printer.
- Now, on the windows, click on next, when you see, “New Device.”
- Then open the service tool.
Step 5:- Troubleshoot Problem via Download the Service Tool
- Download and install the service tool.
- After this enter in maintenance mode with the printer by the following steps.
- First of all, power off the printer.
- After this, connect the printer to the central unit with a USB cable.
- Now hold on the Resume button and then Press the Power Button.
- After this, hold these two buttons while the led power lights.
- Then, release the Resume button, but not the power button, and then press the resume button 6-7 times.
- Now release both buttons.
- After this, the light will flash and wait till it stops, now you are in maintenance mode.
- Now, for your Canon printer, run the service tool.
- Select the right USB port in “USB PORT.”
- Now in the section “Ink Absorber Counter,” select “Main” option.
- In the section “Counter Value” (%) select the number the closest of the counter number and hit on “SET” (The counter number is in the section “EEPROM”).
We hope you are all satisfied with the canon printer troubleshooting steps provided here in this post and therefore please share this with your friends so they can get relief from the canon printer error as well. And being a valuable canon customer feel free to get canon printer help from the trained canon team, they have years of experience and provide the exact solution to all kinds of canon printer problem such as canon printer light blinking error, canon printer not printing error and much more. Call for assistance + 1-877-552-8560.