Epson is the most popular brand name and now it has been esteemed when it comes to receipt printer. EPSON Receipt Printer to Print Online Orders is a fully featured thermal printer which delivers fast receipt printing speed and is backed by the industry’s best-in-class reliability in high volume environments. They are easy very easy to set up, the hardware and printouts are good quality. It doesn’t take time to maintain and they last a long time.
Therefore, if you desire to be able to print Open Dining order notifications to your Epson receipt printer, though, you require utilizing Epson’s software, as the Windows automatic discovery and installation of your printer just won’t cut it. You need to download and install the Epson Advanced Printer Driver (APD), the steps are defined as below. Then just walk through the steps which given in this article in order to configure my Epson receipt printer to print online orders.
Steps to Configure EPSON Receipt Printer to Print Online Orders
- First of all, check that the Epson printer is connected directly to your computer or over a local network, and is powered on.
- Next, you will need to verify that the printer isn’t already installed on the Windows computer. To verify this thing, you will need to visit your Windows Control Panel in order to verify if the printer is listed on the “Devices and Printers” page. If it’s not, then its fine, but in case, if its then you must delete it.
- Make sure that deleting an existing printer could affect a current print configuration with your restaurant’s POS system, for example.
- Now you should properly follow the next steps to installing the Epson APD.
Installing the Epson APD:-
- The first step for you is to download and install the Epson APD, you can do this thing by visiting the official website or visiting the internet.
- Download “.zip format”, you will need to extract the files before you can effectively run them.
- After extracting the files, double-click on the file named “APD_455dE.exe” to begin installation of the APD.
- When the POP up appears, then click the Yes button to continue.
- Then you will enter a “Welcome” window.
- Hit the “Next” button.
- In the “License Agreement” window, click the option to accept the terms, and then click “Next” button.
- Next, you will be prompted to choose a setup type. Choose “Minimum (Recommended)” radio button option, which is selected by default, and click the “Next” button.
- Then a “Printer Configuration window”, you will need to hit the “Add” button on the right side of the window, which will take you to the Add Printer window:
- Hit on the “Select driver” dropdown and scroll to choose the “Epson TM-T88IV Receipt” item in the list and click on it. Same select “Printer name” dropdown to whatever name you want.
- Select one proper “Port Type”, fro, options, Parallel port: Serial port, Ethernet port, or USB port.
- In the “Set as Default Printer” drop-down the list, you only need to select option Epson receipt printer to be the main unit for ALL print jobs at your location.
- Hit the “Next” button.
- In the “Parallel Port Setting” page, you will need to Setting up a parallel port-LPT Port Section- you will need to hit on the drop-down list to choose the port, either it could be LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, and so forth. You may need to select each one and save the configuration change
- After you have verified/selected your LPT port, then hit the “Next” button.
- The above step will bring you back to the “Printer Configuration” window, which will now list your newly installed printer.
- Click the “Next” button, which will bring up a “Start Copying Files” window.
- Hit the “Next” button, which will begin the driver installation process.
- Hit the “Finish” button
- If your Epson printer is of the serial port variety, you will need to create a Serial port, and click “Next”. After then you will be presented with the Serial Port Settings window.
- Select all the drop down one by one in the list and save the configuration change information until you find the one that successfully prints out a test page and once you have the proper configuration and then click “Next” button.
- Now you will then go through the remaining setup windows, as above in the “Create a Parallel port” section. Follow the process like select “Printer Configuration” window then click “Next”, choose “Start Copying Files” window then click “Next”, choose “Setup Status” window and then wait for it. Then the final window, appear then click “Finish”, then you’re all done.
- Then, create an Ethernet port, in the “Ethernet Settings window” setting, you’ll need to know the IP address of the Epson printer if you want to connect to. IP addresses for local network devices usually start with “192” or “10”.
- Once you have the IP address entered, click “Next”. Follow the remaining setup windows in the Create port” sections, as above.
- Create an Ethernet port.
- When all thing completed, then you will be ready to rock ‘n roll.
Epson Technical Support Number 1-877-552-8560
If you face any issue to following the above steps, then call at Epson Technical Support Number, which is available 24×7 days to your help. We are reliable and versatile support service provider and giving excellent Epson support & services to the customers for their Epson difficulties. A team of our well-experienced and certified technicians can fix your all kinds of Epson issues.